THE CREATIVITY CHALLENGE by Tanner Christensen
Tanner Christensen is the author of the book, The Creativity Challenge, a short book that contains 150 "creative challenges" designed to ignite the spark of creativity within us. Christensen (2015) categorizes the types of creative challenges in the book as follows:
1. Convergent: requires you to combine elements of more than one idea or thing;
2. Divergent: requires you to take elements apart in order to examine their individual parts;
3. Lateral: straightforward, logical thinking process that must follow steps in order;
4. Aesthetic: to think aesthetically is to focus on how an object or idea appears; and
5. Emergent: emergent thinking is a natural process that comes as a result of rumination. It's what happens when you daydream! (10-11).